It’s a way to bring your information into your reader’s inbox with out needing to have any email listbuilding software like Aweber, GetResponse, Infusionsoft, or any other paid software used to capture leads for sharing your information.
When someone decides to optin to your RSS feed, any updates made to your site/business blog will be sent to them via email automatically. Can you begin to see how powerful this little tool can be on your business blog?
A couple of days ago, I decided to share many ways of how to gain new readers for your RSS. However, after creating a long article … I realized, this information if ever it were to acted upon by you would need to be broken down into mini-parts.
So that you could actually take some time every day, to implement one new action.
My desire is not to over-inundate you with information for the sake of feeling like I am some sort of business blogging ‘guru’.
I want you to feel empowered.
You must feel like what you are learning are things that you can do. And that requires small bits of information acted upon, daily.
Remember… it’s the consistency that will build character, create long term success, and ultimately any business growth that you desire.
Let’s get right into today’s tips for gaining RSS readers. You have will have your first 11 today (not 50).
Most bloggers love their RSS readers, if they truly understand its value. Not only that, but they also love to gain new RSS readers. It is such a joy when you wake up one day and see that your Feedburner count jumped by 100 or 200, right?
Those days are quite rare though, and most people seem to have a hard time gaining even a small number of new RSS subscribers consistently.
There is something that can be done about this. A way to efficiently attract more RSS (email) subscriber.
Many people wrote about this topic in the past, but I wanted to give my take on the issue too. So,l although I have written over 50 ideas as they were coming to my head, as briefly as possible. Today I will share 11 with you, and more tomorrow, and more after that.
The key again, is that you act, not that you have a new “To Do List”. Enjoy…
11 ways to increase your RSS readers
1. Have a big RSS icon. People are lazy. You need to keep that fact always in mind. If you use a little RSS icon, visitors might have a problem finding it. Most of those will just give up after a couple of seconds, so make sure the RSS icon is big and easily recognizable.
2. Display the RSS icon above the fold. Apart from using a big RSS icon, you must make sure that you display it above the fold. That is where most blogs have one, and that is where people are used to look for when they want to subscribe, so go with the flow.
3. Display the RSS icon on every page of your blog. When I started blogging I did this mistake. Only my homepage used to have an RSS icon…. As soon as I added it to every single page on the blog, the number of subscribers went up.
4. Use words. Depending on your audience, just using an RSS icon might not be effective. If they aren’t tech-savvy,they might not know what that little orange thing is. In those cases, you can write a small message explaining that subscribing will allow them to keep updated with your posts and so on.
5. Write a post asking for people to subscribe. Ever heard the saying “Ask and thou shalt receive”? This principle works on most areas of our lives. Blogging is no exception. If you want people to subscribe to your feed, ask them to!
Write a post about it, give them some reasons and you will see how they respond.
—> like I did here: Here’s How to Increase Leads and Your Blog Subscription Rate by 254%
6. Use the FeedSmith plugin (input link to get it here). Unless you hand code a lot of redirects on your blog, readers will still be able to subscribe to different RSS feeds provided by WordPress. This plugin will make sure that all your subscribers will be forwarded to the Feedburner feed, so that you can track them and control how your feed is formatted.
7. Have clear focus on your blog. If you write about 10 different topics, it will be hard to convince people to subscribe to your blog. They might like your articles about technology, but they would hate to receive the house cleaning ones….
Having a clear focus is one of the most efficient ways to attract subscribers.
8. Offer email subscriptions. Like it or not, only a small percentage of the Internet users know about or use RSS feeds.
Studies confirm that this number is below 10% around the world. Why would you want to miss the other 90% of the pie? If you use Feedburner, you just need to go on the “Publicize” tab to activate your email subscriptions.
9. Use an email subscription form. For most bloggers, an email subscription form will convert better than a simple “Subscribe via email” link. That is because Internet users are used to seeing those forms around, and typing their email address there is quite intuitive. The top of your sidebar is a good spot to place one.
10. Encourage readers to subscribe at the bottom of every post. Apart from having an RSS icon and email subscription form above the fold, it is also important to place them below each single post.
Because right after people finish reading your articles, they will look for something to do next, and subscribing to your blog is a good option. Additionally,if the article they just read was really good, they will be on the right mindset to subscribe and receive more of articles in the future.
11. Use As few steps as possible. People are lazy (I know I mentioned it before, but it is worth re-emphasizing). The fewer the steps required for them to subscribe to your blog, the better. If you can reduce the number of clicks required,therefore, do it!
So, that wraps it up for today. Will you implement the 11 simple steps I just shared with you? If so let me know below. Do you have your blog RSS feed set up yet? If not, tell us why. What tools are you using to increase your RSS readers? Please share your comments below.
Please share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, by clicking the like button or quick share buttons below I look forward to sharing more tips with you tomorrow.
Remember, while you are thinking about it.. act on it. Do it now.
To your continued buisness blogging success,
Are you on our exclusive email list? We value our readers, clients, and friends in social media and we look forward to sharing our exclusive email list only tips assisting you and connect with you even further.
Click Here to Get on our Exclusive Newsletter and Email List: Get Updates!
Latest posts by SyeWells (see all)
- Moving Your Business From Pretty To Profitable Pt-4 - December 29, 2014
- Moving Your Business From Pretty To Profitable Pt-3 - December 26, 2014
- Moving Your Business From Pretty To Profitable Pt-2 - December 22, 2014