Have you had a tough time discovering your passion?
I’m sure you would have been told many times over that if you want to become successful, you need to be really passionate about what you’re doing.
But could simply following your passion help you become a successful business blogger?
Believe it or not, there is some hard evidence that proves that this is not only possible, but that it happens every day to people just like you and me.
Ask any successful entrepreneur about what they do, and you’ll see a sparkle in their eyes reflecting the passion they have for their business.
Well, it’s exactly the same for blogging. It’s really important that your motivation comes from a place deep inside of you, a place where you keep those secret ideals for what you really want to do with your life. And these are the things you are truly passionate about.
The major problem here is that most people don’t know what they want to do with their lives or what they are truly passionate about. The thing is, so many of us have been conditioned into a certain way of thinking during our schooling years.
And if you’re lucky, after a while, you realize that you’ve simply followed the crowd, and do what everyone else is doing, or telling you what to do.
The fact is, about 3% of the worlds population controls about 90% of the world’s resources. That means that “the crowd” does not always know what’s best. And to be able to excel in anything you really need to do something that’s different.
You need to do something that stands out from the crowd.
And your best chance of doing this, is to do something that you’re passionate about.
So, let’s look at some really quick ways of how to re-discover what you’re truly passionate about.
Let’s call it “self-search” (to discover your passion).
It’s a bit like research, but instead of looking for stuff outside of yourself, you want to uncover what’s on the inside of your inner “self”.
Please note, that this is not meant to be a personal development session, so I’ll keep it brief.
To help you understand and uncover what you’re true passions are, you can ask yourself these questions (I recommend you write all the answers down. It will make this exercise a whole lot more useful):
• What are the 50 things in life you most enjoy doing? (Don’t stop until you have at least 50 things listed).
• What do people say that you’re naturally good at? That is, what do people tend to give you compliments on without you even expecting it?
• What things do you normally excel in without it seeming to be much effort at all?
• What things, when you do them, you totally lose track of time, and before you know it, a few hours have gone past without you even realising it?
• What topics can you talk to someone else about for hours on end without getting tired or bored of it?
• What kind of topics do you like researching or finding out about more,without being forced to do it?
• What do you think your natural talents are?
• What topic do you think you could write about every day, knowing that there will be no reward?
• These are but a few questions to help you get started. And that’s all you should see them as…a starting point.
Finding out what you’re truly passionate about could sometimes take a few weeks, months or even years. What I’ve found so far with myself, is that it’s an ongoing process, and as time goes by, I try to hone in further and further into the things that I’m naturally good at and enjoy doing.
So, let’s assume now that you’ve discovered what kind of things you naturally love doing…your area of interest. That means you’ve reached the first milestone.
But this is only the beginning. Next, you have a very crucial milestone at hand. Miss this one, and you’ll be doomed to failure for your blog…
Action Plan For Discovering Your Passion
- Buy yourself a nice hard cover journal for note taking for all your blogging research.
- Write down your answers to all the questions inside this section to help you find
- your passion.
- Ask your friends and family what they think you are naturally good at.
- Get a copy of “What Color Is Your Parachute”.
- Read “What Color Is Your Parachute” and implement what you’ve learned there
So what are your thoughts? Have you ever lost your passion for what you were doing? Do you do what you love, or are you having trouble figuring out exactly what you love to do? Will you read “What Color Is Your Parachute?
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts, share them in the comment box below.
I look forward to sharing with you again very soon!
Are you on our exclusive email list? We value our readers, clients, and friends in social media and we look forward to sharing our exclusive email list only tips assisting you and connect with you even further.
Click Here to Get on our Exclusive Newsletter and Email List: Get Updates!
Latest posts by SyeWells (see all)
- Moving Your Business From Pretty To Profitable Pt-4 - December 29, 2014
- Moving Your Business From Pretty To Profitable Pt-3 - December 26, 2014
- Moving Your Business From Pretty To Profitable Pt-2 - December 22, 2014