The 3 Different Types of Domain Names
2. SEO Domain Names – Domain names purchased to favor search engines
3. Affiliate Domain Name – A Domain name used to sell someone else’s product
One of my internet marketing coaches taught me a very cool tip for affiliate marketing. A verry targetted way to sell people products which is to buy domain names that look like or closely mirror original site. So for example if you are an affiliate for “TheBestAffiliateProduct” (not a real product) at www.TheBestAffiliateProdcut.com you can also simply buy another domain name www.TheBestAffiliateProduct.net or www.AffiliateProduct.com which also still directs to the same page to sell the affiliate product that you are marketing.
******As a beginner, it would be advisable to purchase the Branding Domain Name first.
Here are some pointers to take note in choosing a domain name
4. Keep it catchy, unique and easy to recall
5. Domain names should not contain more than 3 words at one time
6. Avoid using words like FREE or any foul words in your domain name
The best bet to ensure you have a quality domain name, is to test and ask questions. Try asking your close friends for comments and pronounce your domain name out to your friends on the phone.
While asking your friends for comments, also take note on how long it actually takes for them to register the domain in their minds, as this will also help determine if your domain is a good brandable domain name.
A few reputable places in which you can purchase domain names are:
1. 1and1.com – This site has consistently been the lowest priced, best value for about 20 + domains I have purchased thus far. I have purchased .com sites sometimes as low as 99 cents. Click here to go directly to the information on purchasing domains.
2. Hostgator – If you have your blog hosted by hostgator, it is a very seemless process to purchase and host your domain and blog in the same place. Creates a more headache free experience for the new blogger. I host my blog with them. Click here for pricing details from Hostgator.
3. Godaddy.com -Most recognized and most advertised domain purchasing site. Not always the best priced. Currently they have specials for about $7.49/year for .com sites. Click here to see the current details and specials
So, are you making any changes to your current domain names? Considering purchasing a new one? What did you find most helpful in this article? Please feel free to share your thoughts with our community by making your comments directly below.
Also, many of our business colleagues will benefit from knowing this information, would you do us a favor and help us get the word out by sharing this article with your friends in Facebook and Twitter We appreciate you!
To HeadAche Free Social Media and Blogging,
Facebook Community: Facebook.com/SyeWellsBiz
Receive Updates: http://SyeWells.com/Get-Newsletter/
If you have any question regarding our HeadAche- Free WordPress Blogging & Social Media services, and how we may assist in your business needs feel free to Contact Us.
Latest posts by SyeWells (see all)
- My Top 3 Strategies For Creating Content (fast and easy) part 3 of 3 - October 27, 2014
- My Top 3 Strategies For Creating Content (fast and easy) pt. 2 of 3 - October 22, 2014
- 13 Reasons Why I Believe Toddlers Are The Best Life Coaches (seriously) - October 21, 2014